I was fat. I was depressed. I was anxious. I was sleeping 12-16 hours a day, and I was still exhausted. I was crabby. I was drunk. My brain was foggy. I was making bad choices.
Then, things started to change. I got me some knowledge, took some action, and things changed. Amazing how that happens.
THEN, people started to notice the changes. The physical changes were obvious, but a very dear friend recently paid me the best compliment ever. “you are different. Not just on the outside, but you just radiate happiness.” I am different. I am not perfect, nor perfectly happy, but I am different. And as Ms. Hall likes to tell her students, different is good.
Finally, people started to ask WHAT I did to evoke change. Enter: the blog.
3 week bullet point recap.
- Soda, diet or otherwise=bad.
- Intermittent fasting. Give it a try. Find a method that works for you.
- Eat real, whole foods.
- Express gratitude. This will make you skinny. Although, if being a size 2 is your only goal, you might want to rethink that. For real. That’s a sucky goal. I know.
- Along the gratitude vein, My. KIDS. ROCK. I don’t deserve them. But my gratitude to and for them is limitless.
- Be mindful of what goes into your mind. Cliff notes? Good stuff in=good stuff out. Bad stuff in=bad stuff out.
- I will continue to seek for the Unicorn of a partner. And one day, it’s totally gonna happen. It would be really nice if I didn’t keep getting stomped in the process. But you know, stomping happens. Whatcha gonna do? Give up and hide in your bed with wine, red vines, cheetos? Done that. Didn’t help.
- And finally, YOU DO YOU. I’m gonna keep on keepin on with my own bad self, and you, my darlings, do the same.
Posts to come in the near future:
BIG FIVE VIDEO
Oh, and I’m sure there will be more sex/relationship stuff. sigh, that just creeps in here.
Is there something you’re curious about? Leave a comment!
Light and Love,