I was living a pretty shitty life. No other word for it. (Well, I’m sure there are other words, but that’s the one I’m choosing today) Depressed, anxious, foggy, sleeping up to 16 hours in a 24 hour period, not moving, and just damn fat, pissed, and foggy. This had been my pattern for YEARS. As in, since I was a kid.
This blog is a tiny story. A story of ONE goofy girl. And I have been told, my content is “mindless chatter”, “TMI” and “nothing people can’t find for themselves on the internet”. (That’s just the tip of the happy thought iceberg!!) All that may be so. But, I persist. I persist, because that’s who I am. Admittedly, my blog is very very selfish. All about me. My thoughts. My experiences. My journey. Because, you see, that’s all I have.
So, I share for me. BUT, I also share for people who say, “you write what I think.” For people who say, “I thought I was the only one.” For people who simply say, “thank you.”
If this endeavor has taught me one thing, it is this:
I am not alone.
It’s taught me lots and lots of other stuff, but that’s probably my biggest take away thus far. And what a BEAUTIFUL thought and concept.
So, If you’re a little late to the party, (and I am always late to the party) here’s a few of the top posts on my journey. These deal primarily with nutrition, but adding gratitude and eliminating toxic people are just too important to leave out.
- Soda, diet or otherwise=bad.
- Intermittent fasting. Give it a try. Find a method that works for you.
- Eat real, whole foods.
- Express gratitude. This will make you skinny. Although, if being a size 2 is your only goal, you might want to rethink that. For real. That’s a sucky goal. I know.
- Be mindful of what goes into your mind. Cliff notes? Good stuff in=good stuff out. Bad stuff in=bad stuff out.
- Blue Zones and the Power Nine
- Sugar sucks. It just does. I promise, sugar does not all you (or ME) to live your ONE wild and precious life.
- Toxic people suck. Don’t play with them. And certainly don’t date them.
- Your body is the best doctor in the room
- You will NOT DIE FROM HUNGER A bit on this, after this post went live, a few people mentioned diabetic shock, low blood sugar, and other life-threatening issues that can be exacerbated when adequate nourishment is absent.
- For heaven’s sake. Common sense. EAT.
- I maintain, HUNGER, is NOT the emergency. HUNGER is NOT the cause of death or distress.
- Hunger is a symptom, that should be heeded and listened to in such individuals, but the EMERGENCY is passing out, hitting your head, and dying. I realize this is a semantics issue, but I’m a word girl, and I like being right. ha!
Live Whole. Live Big. Live Joy. Live Love. Go after the very best this world has to offer. And turn around and give the best right back.
Light and Love,